Mayor Welsh Comes Down With COVID-19 - Self Quarantines at Boson Trump Tower - Insists He Can Run City Hall From Hotel Suite With Wifi Laptop

(AP) Boson, Massachusetts Mayor Martin J. Welsh has announced that he has been diagnosed and tested positive for the COVID-19 corona virus. The mayor and his wife, who is not infected, have self quarantined at the Trump Tower in the Presidential Suite. The same suite is used by President Trump when he visits the city. Some found it ironic that the mayor was dismissing worries about the pandemic just last week when he refused to close schools or bars and restaurants as the rest of Massachusetts shut down.
"I will continue to carry out my functions as chief executive of the city," Mayor Welsh insisted. "We live in a 5G world and I can maintain full functionality through my desktop at the window were I can look down on city hall from afar, and my laptop over by the snack bar, to my two smart phones that I have in the right and left pockets of my bathrobe."
The mayor's informal deputy City Councilor Peter Reese will also pin a Gopro bodycam to his suit lapel for a video and audio 'live feed' that will give the mayor a full view of what is going on around city hall as well as what is being said. All video and audio will be recorded.The Department of Public Works has installed a bank of jumbo screens for the mayor in his hotel rooms. The mayor is also an avid 'movie buff' and Netflix streamer.
"This self quarantine will give me a chance to catch up on some of my favorites in online series," the mayor said. "When work is on the back burner, late at night when most of the city's asleep I like to watch online series and old and new movies. I didn't get around to seeing the final episodes of Game of Thrones. How did that turn out?" None of the reporters present had the heart to tell the mayor the truth. The man is sick and in his late forties. No one at the impromptu presser brought up the mayor's conspiratorial alt-right theories that the COVID-19 was a real threat and that he had refused to shut down the city until the governor threatened to send in the Massachusetts National Guard. Everyone wants to continue working with city hall and having access, so there are some things the press just doesn't press on.
In an upbeat tone perhaps induced by pain meds the mayor went on, "I used to like watching Star Trek The Next Generation back in the 90's or on re-runs. I think I'll check out that new Star Trek Discovery on CBS All Access.I bet the new captain Michael is great, what's he like? I hear Patrick Stewart is back in charge as the leader in 'Picard' another Star Trek series that they spent lots of money on, they even have characters from the Hobbit with swords and magic powers.
Wow! And ten episodes. I bet it's exciting to see Captain Picard giving orders again. I'm a leader of a city and I have to give orders and handle crisis so I guess I looked up to Captain Picard when I was growing up and modeled some of what I am on his character. I bet he's a real leader in the new series. Strange that he wouldn't let the other actors from the old crew be in the new series. I guess at age 90 Patrick Stewart wanted to show that 90 is the new 50."
The mayor seemed a little less sanguine as the day wore on and he began to get feed back on some of the series he planned to watch while quarantined and also that almost all of his stocks had gone down in value.
https://archive.is/wgtEQ






Comments
Post a Comment